Terms of Service
Last updated: March 12th, 2021
By signing up and using Dimensions you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Please read these carefully. Violation of any of the Terms of Service may result in the termination of your account, and the inaccessibility or deletion of your data.
1. When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to Dimensions Inc.
2. When we say “Services”, we mean any product created and maintained by Dimensions Inc. whether delivered within a web browser, desktop application, mobile application, or another format.
3. When we say “you”, “account”, or “customer”, we mean a customer of the Service (“Customer”).
4. When we say “user”, or “users”, we mean a user account managed by the Service for the Customer.
We may update these Terms of Service in the future. Typically these changes have been to clarify some of these terms by linking to an expanded related policy. The Company reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the Company website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you. If you do not accept such amendments, you must cease using the Services.
When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. That’s true for any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our Services over time. There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we are not waiving that right or provision.
These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
1. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
2. You may not use the Service for any illegal purpose or to violate any applicable laws. You may not use the Service to violate the rights of any third parties, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
3. You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account. That includes content posted by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have their own logins under your account.
4. You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Payment, refunds and plan changes
1. For paid Services that offer a free trial, we explain the length of trial when you sign up. After the trial period, you need to pay in advance to keep using the Service. The fees will be recurring unless you cancel your account as described below. If you fail to pay for usage in advance, your account will become inaccessible within 30 days of such failure, until payment is made. Within 90 days of failure to pay, all User Data will be permanently deleted from all active systems, logs, and backups. Data cannot be recovered once it has been permanently deleted.
2. All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities. Where required, we will collect those taxes on behalf of the taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities.
3. We process refunds according to our refund policy.
Cancellation and Termination
1. You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the “Settings” link in the global navigation bar on the left side of the screen. The Settings screen provides a simple no-questions-asked cancellation link. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not automatically considered cancellation. If you need help cancelling your account, you can always contact our Support team.
2. All of your content will be inaccessible from the Services immediately upon cancellation. Within 30 days, all content will be permanently deleted from active systems and logs. Within 90 days, all content will be permanently deleted from our backups. We cannot recover this information once it has been permanently deleted.
3. If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately, and you will not be charged again. We do not automatically prorate unused time in the last billing cycle. See our refund policy for more details.
4. We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our Services for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will not be able to access the account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in the deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the Services to anyone for any reason at any time. No refunds will be provided. We will provide you with email notice prior to terminating your account.
5. Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of Company employee or officer will result in immediate account termination.
Modifications to Services and Prices
1. The Company reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of our Services with or without notice.
2. Prices of all Services are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Company web site or the Service itself.
3. The Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
1. Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
2. We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other customers of the Services. Of course, we’ll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
3. You understand and agree that the Company uses third party vendors and hosting partners (“Third Party Vendors”) to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service. We make no representations, warranties, or promises related to the technology of such Third Party Vendors.
Copyright & Content Ownership
1. All content posted on the Services must comply with Canadian copyright law.
2. We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you (or your users) provide to the Services. All materials uploaded remain yours.
3. We do not pre-screen content, but reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
5. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by the Company.
6. You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or the Company.
Notification of Copyright Infringement Claims
If you believe any User Data or other content on the Service infringes your copyrights, you may request that we remove the data or content from the Service (or disable access to it) by providing our copyright agent with the written information specified below:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed. If there are multiple, please share a representative list of those works.
- A way for us to locate the material you believe is infringing the copyrighted work.
- Your name and contact information so that we can get back to you. Email address is preferred but a telephone number or mailing address works too.
- A statement that you, in good faith, believe that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The Company’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
By email: email@example.com
Services Adaptations and API Terms
We offer Application Program Interfaces (“API"s) for some of our Services. Any use of the API, including through a third-party product that accesses the Services, is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
1. You expressly understand and agree that we are not liable for any damages or losses resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
2. Abuse or excessively frequent requests to the Services via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. The Company, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. If we need to suspend your account’s access, we will attempt to warn the account owner first. If your API usage could or has caused downtime, we may cut off access without prior notice.
Some third-party providers have created integrations between our Services and theirs. We are not liable or accountable for any of these third-party integrations.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
If you have a question about any of the Terms of Service, please contact our Support team.